I’m Eduardo Vera and I welcome you to Mirimiri as warmly as my city, Ica.
I help authors, experts and entrepreneurs to deliver their message among the Spanish-speaking world through content translation and VA services of design and contents. My fields of interest are: general studies, computer science, medicine and health care, photography, travels, biology, psychology, pharmacology, research, law and economics.
Currently my services are:
- Virtual assistant for content and image
- Editorial translation and software localization from English to Spanish
The services I offer here are the product of skills learned empirically over the past few years. I have the commitment to get certified and join some association… as soon as I become independent and collect the money, of course. I particularly feel that preparing to take the CIOL DipTrans and the Cambridge Proficiency Exam would give me a decent level.
Mirimiri means nothing as I know, if you ask. Maybe that’s why I decided to adopt the name. Besides, it can be pronounced without problems in Quechua and Japanese (ミリミリ).
I tell my story in more detail on my blog Shiny dreamer (in Spanish).
Ten things about me
—Hey, Eduardo, don’t you have Tinder or what?
I don’t. Anyway, keep reading. Maybe you’ll find out if it would be a good idea to follow me and work (or not) with me.
- Dogs, in general, scare me. Even their owners don’t believe that “they don’t bite”.
I prefer cats a thousand times. They do bite and scratch you, but they rarely leave you with bloody legs.
- For me, pharmacology is setsunai but cute. It’s the course I’m most fond of, for all the trouble it took me to understand and pass it.
By the way, please don’t ask me what to take for my heart because
I don’t knowin order to take to give that advice, besides getting a university degree, I would have to identify the pathophysiological problem in your heart.
- My favorite song in the world is Bye bye by Ai Otsuka. It’s so special because it’s my song from when I passed pharmacology and when, years later, I took my first trip of over a thousand kiro in a week.
Depending on my mood, you might also find me obsessing over Mirai Connection by ЯeaL or It’s a Popular Song by fhána.
- My favorite season is winter. In fact, my adventures and fantasies with crushes are usually set in the cold and foggy months in the city.
- I’m an unpresentable. I don’t know how other people have perfect lives, indulge in expensive whims, and put up with wearing suits and heels for ten hours in a row. I’m happy with my six soles menu with its pitcher of barley. I go to all the “serious” things with my “operating room” outfit, if I feel like going. And please don’t even invite me to a meeting where they play cumbia, salsa and reggaeton.
- I’m terrible at tasting and receiving food. In fact, I would also appreciate it if you would never invite me to eat.
Trying to guess what foods I would like to try is one of the most frustrating things in the world. I ignore it myself. By default, almost everything I don’t know makes me sick to my stomach.
Even my close family can’t guess my tastes.
- I get fed up fast (less than three months) with those who try to maintain a friendship by chatting almost daily. I won’t say anything because I’m interested in keeping the peace, but at the first disagreement I’ll walk away with no return and no explanations.
That’s why I (almost) never give out my keitai number.
- I am repulsed by people high on beer and reggaeton, and also by people who contain victimhood.
I can be very sullen and aloof, even with my closest friends. Outside of professional commitments, I can cut off contact at any time and for no apparent reason. He who warns, does not betray.
- Happiness, passion, truth, peace and freedom are the values around which I seek to guide my life.
- “The day I die, I don’t want anyone to cry; I want them to sing and dance until my last resting place” (attributed to cumbia singer Chacalón).
Header image: Selfie by Eduardo Vera-Palomino (that is to say, mine) taken in June 2017 and distributed with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.